The 25th Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame - 2016
On March 28th, the 25th Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame, presented by the Scottsdale Culinary Festival and the Scottsdale League for the Arts, took place at LiveWire. I was incredibly honored to be inducted as Food Writer of the Year. Thank you to Jenelle Bonifield of Food & Lifestyles for capturing such a special night with these photos.
I was so grateful to be in such talented and esteemed company with many people I love and admire. Congratulations to the other inductees and culinary and beverage stars that were recognized for their "dedicated passion and contributions to the realm of culinary arts":
- Executive Chef Mel Mecinas of the Four Seasons Scottsdale Troon North | Chef of the Year
- Ross Simon of Bitter and Twisted Cocktail Parlour | Mixologist of the Year
- Preston Thoeny of Wren House Brewing Company | Brewer of the Year
- John McLoughlin of Cellar 433 | Winemaker of the Year
- Chef-owner Sacha Levine of Ocotillo | Best Upcoming Chef
- Julian Wright of Fork and Dagger Restaurant Group | Restaurateur of the Year
- Short Leash Hot Dogs | Food Truck of the Year
James Beard award-winning Chef Christopher Gross of Christopher's Restaurant and Crush Lounge was recognized with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Congratulations to all the nominees:
- Chef of the Year: Joshua Hebert, POSH Improvisational Cuisine; Bernie Kantak, Citizen Public House and The Gladly; Christopher Nicosia, Sassi
- Best Upcoming Chef: Garrison Whiting, Counter Intuitive; Taylor Sorenson, Christopher’s Restaurant and Crush Lounge; Dushyant Singh, Artizen at The Camby
- Restaurateur of the Year: Cakewalk Management; Osio Culinary Group; Jim Riley and Tucker Woodbury
- Mixologist of the Year: Luke Detraz, Director of Mixology, Southern Wine and Spirits; Robert Porter, Thirsty Camel at The Phoenician Resort; Brandon Casey, The Ostrich
- Brewer of the Year: Anthony Canecchia, SanTan Brewery; Adam Schmeichel, Fate Brewing Company; Eric Greene, Dragoon Brewery
- Winemaker of the Year: Kent Callaghan, Callaghan Vineyards; Eric Glomski, Page Springs Cellars; Karyl Wilhem, Wilhem Family Vineyards
- Food Truck of the Year: Aioli Gourmet Burger; The Grilled Cheese Truck; Phoenix Satay Hut
- Food Writer of the Year: Lauren Saria, Phoenix New Times; Diana Brandt, Arizona Foodie; Joanie Simon, JoanieSimon.com
1997 Culinary Chef Extraordinaire Eddie Matney and 2015 Chef of the Year Gio Osso fed the crowd delicious food such as foie gras profiteroles, cannoli, and flan, oysters, meatloaf sliders, and stuffed mushrooms.