Unparalleled Culinary Weekend of the Southwest Returns this Fall on Nov. 2 & 3, 2019
Year 5 of #AZWF features Alex Guarnaschelli of Chopped; Antoni Porowski of Netflix’s Queer Eye, Brie & Nikki Bella of Total Bellas on E!; SommSelect’s Ian Cauble & David Lynch
Scottsdale, Ariz. (PRESS RELEASE) This fall, azcentral Wine & Food Experience returns to Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, Nov. 2 & 3, 1pm-4pm.
The two-day event that inspired the 10-city USA TODAY Wine & Food Experience is now in its 5th year in the Talking Stick Entertainment District. Special guests this year include Food Network Chopped star, Chef Alex Guarnaschelli; Netflix Queer Eye star Antoni Porowski; The Bella Twins featuring their Belle Radici wines of Napa, Calif.; and SommSelect’s duo -- master sommelier Ian Cauble of Netflix fame and sommelier David Lynch, a two-time James Beard Award recipient.
The event spotlights the region’s leading chefs and purveyors, celebrating the Arizona culinary scene with a rich sampling of the region’s finest food, wine, spirits and craft beer, with cooking demonstrations, wine seminars, and wine tasting from Martha Stewart’s exclusively curated collection from Martha Stewart Wine Co.
Blessing McAnlis-Vasquez, Tourism Manager, Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community said: “We’re pleased to once again see Salt River Fields hosting this dynamic culinary event. It’s an exciting and vibrant addition to our Community and our Entertainment District.”
#WFE TICKETS. Tickets presale are $50 to $180 in advance at https://wineandfood.usatoday.com/tickets/phoenix/. At the gate, Grand Tasting and VIP tickets are $85 and $140 respectively.
· Grand Tasting. $50 presale, limited quantity. Sample bites from Arizona’s most coveted dining establishments. Meet chefs, taste their creations; see cooking demonstrations. Enjoy fine wine, craft beer and spirits sampling. GT entry 1pm.
· VIP Grand Tasting. $120 in advance. All benefits of the Grand Tasting, plus exclusive wine sampling and featured Q&A with SommSelect’s Cauble and Lynch. Early entry, a VIP Lounge and VIP restrooms. VIP Entry at noon.
· Sat., Nov. 2, Chef Session with Alex Guarnaschelli. $180 in advance, limited quantity. All the benefits of the VIP Grand Tasting, plus exclusive presentation and Q&A session with Guarnaschelli; includes meet and greet, photo opportunity and autograph. [Advance purchase recommended. Tickets subject to sellout.] Chef Session begins at 11:15am. Author, chef and TV personality Guarnaschelli has a worldwide following; executive chef of critically acclaimed Butter Midtown (Manhattan), and other projects include Food Network digital series Fix Me A Plate, and more.
· Sun., Nov. 2, Chef Session with Antoni Porowski. $180 in advance, limited quantity. All the benefits of the VIP Grand Tasting, plus exclusive presentation and Q&A session with Porowski; includes meet and greet, photo opportunity and autograph. [Advance purchase recommended. Tickets subject to sellout.] Chef Session begins at 11:15am. Chef and TV personality Porowski releases his first cookbook Fall 2019, is part owner of The Village Den in Manhattan and was named Eater’s 2018 #Brand of the Year.
· *Wine Down with The Bella Twins. Meet The Bella Twins in an exclusively reserved “Wine Down” session featuring Belle Radici wine, autograph & photo opportunity. Brie Bella & Nikki Bella are stars of Total Bellas on E! Network, and co-founders of Belle Radici Wines, Napa, CA. They are also former WWE champions and entrepreneurs. *Grand Tasting, VIP or Chef’s Session ticket required
DEMOS & SEMINARS & PRESENTERS. Chef demonstrations on The Culinary Stage include Guarnaschelli, Porowski and other acclaimed chefs. The Cellar wine seminars are available on a first-come, first-served basis and feature SommSelect cofounder Ian Cauble, among only 274 Master Sommeliers worldwide and star of Netflix cult classic “SOMM,” and David Lynch, sommelier, two-time James Beard Award recipient and editorial director, SommSelect. The Bella Twins -- Brie and Nikki Bella -- stars of reality TV show Total Bellas on E!, also present a seminar in The Cellar, featuring their Belle Radici wines of Napa, Calif.
GRAND TASTING & ARIZONA CULINARY LEADERS. The Grand Tasting is a showcase of Arizona chefs sharing samples and presenting cooking demonstrations. Among those on board so far are Café Lalibela with Chef Atsade Desta, The Dhaba with Chef Raveen Arora, Wright’s at the Biltmore with Chef Alex Stratta, Four Seasons Resort with Chef Chuck Kazmer, Sweet Republic with Helen Yung, Press Coffee Rosters with Steve Kraus, Mamma Toledo’s The Pie Hole with Tonya Saidi and Los Sombreros, and many more to come.
“WFE” 2019 TASTING TOUR. azcentral Wine & Food Experience is the founding event of the 2019 10-city USA TODAY Wine & Food Experience (WineandFood.USATODAY.com) from New York to Los Angeles.
About azcentral. azcentral and The Arizona Republic are Arizona’s top news and information sources, reaching more than 1.5 million readers each week. Only the state's largest news gathering organization offers compelling, award-winning content across multiple platforms including the #1 newspaper and website, apps, events and more. azcentral and The Arizona Republic are part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, the largest local-to-national media network in the U.S. with 107 local markets. Visit azcentral.com.
About USA TODAY NETWORK Wine & Food Experience. USA TODAY NETWORK Wine & Food Experience presents rich and colorful moments for guests to taste, savor and explore the American culinary scene, from gastronomic trends to regional gourmet traditions. Anchored by a grand tasting showcase of area restaurants, the event is a platform for local chefs, emerging talent, award winners and nationally renowned culinary leaders to mix with patrons in a highly-branded convivial setting. Lively cooking demonstrations; chef meet & greets; imaginative beverage and tasting opportunities; and more deliver unforgettable gourmet experiences for fans, connoisseurs, partners, purveyors and industry personalities. Visit WineandFood.USAToday.com.
About Martha Stewart. Martha Stewart is an Emmy Award-winning television show host, entrepreneur, bestselling author of 94 books, and America’s most trusted lifestyle expert and teacher reaching 100 million consumers monthly across media and merchandising platforms. Her myriad products for everyday living – from cooking to crafting to healthy living, even pet care -- are found in more than 70 million households with a growing retail presence in thousands of locations. In 2015, Martha merged her company with Sequential Brands Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SQBG), and today serves as Chief Creative Officer and a Member of the Board. Sequential, a global brand management company with a portfolio of renowned consumer names, generates more than $4 billion annually in global retail sales. Visit MarthaStewart.com/ and SequentialBrandsGroup.com/
About R Entertainment. R Entertainment is an experiential marketing and business development company, producing 200 dates a year, such as the USA TODAY Wine & Food Experience, The Taco Festival with Comcast Spectacor, Children’s Festivals with public television, Kentucky Derby Fillies & Lilies Party, Super Bowl events, PGA Waste Management Phoenix Open, Arizona Diamondbacks Evening on the Diamond, The Good Life Festivals by Shea Homes, and others. R Entertainment also books concert entertainment nationwide. Visit R-Entertainment.com.