The founders of the Arizona Taco Festival are partnering with The Camby, a luxury lifestyle urban hotel, to throw an exciting event on National Guacamole Day, September 16th, 2017, called Rock The Guac. The event will pit (pun intended!) more than 12 of the Valley’s top chefs against each other in a friendly culinary battle while providing a festive way for guacamole fans to “rock out with their guac out.” This fiesta also marks the final countdown until the Arizona Taco Festival at Salt River Fields on October 14-15, 2017.
Tickets to Rock The Guac cost $40 and come with unlimited guacamole samples, a gourmet taco station provided by The Camby, and two drink tickets good for Casa Noble margaritas and Corona cervezas. The event will also include live lucha libre wrestling, flamenco dancing performances, and DJ. Tickets: www.universe.com/rocktheguac & www.aztacofestival.com
Participating chefs include:
- Forest Hamrick- La Hacienda – 2016 Rock The Guac winner
- Dushyant Singh- Artizen, Crafted American Kitchen & Bar at The Camby Hotel
- Richard Hinojosa- CRUjiente Tacos
- Aaron Pool- Gadzooks Enchiladas & Soup
- Alex Stratta- Match at The FOUND:RE Phoenix
- Mel Mecinas- Private Chef
- Aaron May- Goodwood Tavern, Malibu Burger Co.
- Jennifer Russo- The Market by Jennifer’s
- Fidencio Alatriste- Toro Latin Restaurant
- Laura Gonzalez- Taqueria Centro
- George Alatriste- The Mission
- Beau MacMillan- Elements