azcentral Wine & Food Experience with Marcus Samuelsson and Aarón Sánchez
Unparalleled Culinary Weekend of the Southwest Returns this Fall on Nov. 3 & 4, 2018 to Monterra at WestWorld
Scottsdale, Ariz. (PRESS RELEASE) – azcentral Wine & Food Experience returns for a fourth year at new location, Monterra at WestWorld, in Scottsdale, from 1-4pm Sat. & Sun., Nov. 3 & 4. azcentral Wine & Food Experience (#AZWFE) features one of the finest Grand Tastings in the country, the anchor element that showcases gourmet samples from more than 60 restaurants over two days in three pavilions, plus a schedule of lively cooking demonstrations and tastings of industry-leading wines, spirits and craft beer.
Chefs and Grand Tasting participants to date include:
- Aaron Chamberlin, Phoenix Public Market Café & Tempe Public Market Café
- Aaron Poole, Gadzooks Enchiladas & Soup
- Adam Allison, Handlebar Diner
- Adam Dunton, Frank & Albert’s
- Alex Stratta, Match Restaurant & Lounge
- Anthony DeMuro, Different Pointe of View at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- Antonio Gordillo, Timo Wine Bar
- Atsade Desta, Cafe Lalibela
- Boulders Resort & Spa
- Brett Vibber, Cartwright’s Modern Cuisine
- Brian Peterson, Wright’s at The Biltmore
- Carlos Garcia, Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar
- Carly Loving, Nekter Juice Bar
- Country Velador, Super Chunk Sweet
- Cory Mingo, Mingo’s Louisiana Kitchen
- Dara & Joe Rodger, Shift
- Dushyant Singh, Artizen at The Camby
- Dustin Christofolo, Quiessence at The Farm
- Famished Events
- Fernando Fernandez, Toro Latin Restaurant & Rum Bar
- Flip Isard, Frites Street
- Forest Hamrick, La Hacienda
- George Frasher, Frasher’s Smokehouse
- Helen Yung, Sweet Republic
- Jacques Qualin, J&G Steakhouse at The Phoenician Resort
- Jeff Kraus, Crêpe Bar
- Jennifer Russo, THE MARKET by Jennifer’s RESTAURANT + BAR
- Jim Dandy, West Alley BBQ
- Juan Zamora, Chula Seafood
- Julio Mata, Barrio Queen
- Kevin Wemlinger, Bourbon & Bones Chophouse | Bar
- Los Sombreros
- Lou Malnatis Pizzeria
- Matt Nobile & John Araujo, Bella Gusto Urban Pizzeria
- Michael Press, Tanzy Restaurant
- Modern Market
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- OBON Sushi + Bar + Ramen
- Top of the Rock at Phoenix Marriott Resort Tempe at The Buttes
- Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana
- Proof at Four Seasons Resort
- Raveen Arora, The Dhaba
- Rich Hinojosa, CRUjiente Tacos
- Suny Santana, Taco Chelo
- Sweetz Cold Brew Coffee Co.
- Talavera at Four Seasons Resort
- Tandy Peterson, Mowry & Cotton
- The Clever Koi
- The Melting Pot
- The Thumb
- Tonya Saidi, Mamma Toledo's The Pie Hole
- Tricia Arce, Toasted Mallow
The Martha Stewart Experience. In its second year at #AZWFE, the 2018 installation of the lifestyle leader’s transformative tented event entry takes on a new theme – Celebrating with Martha. Guests can get creative with Martha’s Celebrations line from Michaels; snap a selfie against a fun backdrop with Martha at a café table; explore the lifestyle leader’s newest lines from Macy’s tabletop; grab a glimpse of a cool ‘utensil chandelier;’ and explore kitchen gear, books, Martha’s QVC product line, and more.
The Grateful House. A new addition in 2018, The Grateful House is a hands-on tented area where guests can make their own salsa and wine charms and learn how to decorate desserts. In addition, Grateful will conclude the day in The Grateful House with a master demo led by a Grateful influencer that 40 people can participate in on a first-come, first-served basis.
Nov. 3, Marcus Samuelsson. Chef Samuelsson is the special guest Sat., Nov. 3. Samuelsson is an award-winning chef, restaurateur, cookbook author, philanthropist and food activist known for his time as a judge on Food Network’s Chopped, Chopped Junior, Beat Bobby Flay and more.
Nov. 4, Aarón Sánchez. Chef Sánchez joins the chef lineup Sun., Nov 4. Sánchez is an award-winning chef, TV personality, cookbook author and philanthropist. Fans may know Sánchez best from his time as a judge on Food Network’s Chopped and Chopped Junior, he can now be seen as a judge on FOX’s hit culinary competition series MASTERCHEF.
Tickets. Tickets are available at wineandfood.azcentral.com for the two-day event, Sat. & Sun., Nov 3 & 4 and feature:
- Grand Tasting. $65 limited time offer in advance. Sample delicious bites from Arizona’s most coveted dining establishments. Meet chefs, taste their creations; see cooking demonstrations. Plus enjoy fine wine, craft beer and distinctive spirits sampling. GT entry at 1pm Sat. and Sun.
- VIP Grand Tasting. $120 in advance. For guests who seek all the benefits of the Grand Tasting, they’ll also enjoy private tastings from wineries and distillers, early entry, a VIP Lounge and VIP restrooms. VIP Entry at noon.
- Chef’s Package Experience with Marcus Samulesson & Aarón Sánchez. $180 in advance. Enjoy all the benefits of the VIP Grand Tasting, PLUS private meet and greet and book-signing with Marcus Samuelsson Nov. 3 & Aarón Sánchez Nov. 4 [Advance purchase recommended. Tickets subject to sellout.] Chef’s Package begins at 11:30am. Subscribers are eligible for $15 off tickets, available only through azcentral.com/insider.
Sponsors. Azcentral Wine & Food Experience is supported by Arizona Office of Tourism, Fine Cooking, Hensley, Hickman’s Family Farms, Lifetime Windows & Doors, Sub-Zero Wolf, Today’s Patio, Visit Tucson and City of Scottsdale.
Information & Sponsors. For information about event sponsorship, contact Mike O’Donnell at 602.315.4892, firstname.lastname@example.org. For chef, restaurant or other event participation, contact Kayla Laut at Kayla@R-Entertainment.com.
About azcentral Wine & Food Experience. azcentral Wine & Food Experience is the founding event of the USA Today Network Wine & Food Experience event series, produced in partnership with R Entertainment and celebrating its fourth year in 2018. An exceptional Experience, the event offers rich and colorful moments to taste, savor and explore the regional culinary scene with industry personalities, award-winning chefs of the Southwest, and visiting celebrity chefs such as Martha Stewart, Scott Conant, Graham Elliot, Paul Bartolotta, Michael Ginor, Chuck Hughes and Akira Back. #AZFWE features singular food, wine, craft beer & spirits sampling, and industry-leading presentations. Visit WineandFood.azcentral.com
About azcentral. azcentral and The Arizona Republic are Arizona’s top news and information sources, reaching more than 1.5 million readers each week. Only the state's largest news gathering organization offers compelling, award-winning content across multiple platforms including the #1 newspaper and website, apps, events and more. azcentral and The Arizona Republic are part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, the largest local-to-national media network in the U.S. with 107 local markets. Visit azcentral.com
About R Entertainment. R Entertainment is an experiential marketing and business development company, producing 200 dates a year, such as the USA TODAY NETWORK Wine & Food Experience, Kentucky Derby Fillies & Lilies Party, Final Four Sponsors Ball, National Taco Tour, Super Bowl events, PGA Waste Management Phoenix Open, Arizona Diamondbacks Evening on the Diamond, The Good Life Festivals by Shea Homes, among others. R Entertainment also books concert entertainment nationwide. Visit R-Entertainment.com.
About USA TODAY NETWORK Wine & Food Experience. USA TODAY NETWORK Wine & Food Experience presents rich and colorful moments for guests to taste, savor and explore the American culinary scene, from gastronomic trends to regional gourmet traditions. Anchored by a grand tasting showcase of area restaurants, the event is a platform for local chefs, emerging talent, award winners and nationally renowned culinary leaders to mix with patrons in a highly-branded convivial setting. Lively cooking demonstrations; chef meet & greets; imaginative beverage and tasting opportunities; and more deliver unforgettable gourmet experiences for fans, connoisseurs, partners, purveyors and industry personalities. Visit WineandFood.USAToday.com.
About WestWorld. WestWorld of Scottsdale, popularly shortened to WestWorld, is a premier, nationally recognized, multi-use events facility serving the Scottsdale, Arizona community and visitors. It is located on 386 acres at the base of the McDowell Mountains.
About Monterra. Located in the shadows of the McDowell Mountains in North Scottsdale, Monterra at WestWorld is one of the Valley of the Sun's premier event venues. Spectacular panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and stunning desert sunsets provide dramatic backdrops for truly special events.