Third Annual azcentral Food & Wine Experience Returns November 4-5, 2017
Unparalleled Culinary Weekend of the Southwest Returns this Fall
Scottsdale, Ariz. (PRESS RELEASE) – azcentral.com Food & Wine Experience presented by Cadillac returns for a third year, set for Salt River Fields, Sat. & Sun., Nov. 4 & 5, 1pm-4pm. This year renowned television host and author Martha Stewart will headline.
azcentral Food & Wine Experience (AZFWE) features one of the finest Grand Tastings in the country, the anchor element that showcases gourmet samples from more than 60 restaurants over two days in two pavilions, plus a schedule of lively cooking demonstrations and tastings of industry-leading wines, spirits and craft beer.
Mi-Ai Parrish, President & Publisher of Republic Media, said: “azcentral Food & Wine Experience has carved its spot on the culinary scene and now is also the model for the USA Today Network Food and Wine Experience event series occurring in other markets as well. With R Entertainment, we’ve made history, and this year we’re happy to welcome Cadillac again as presenting sponsor, along with sponsors AJ’s Fine Foods, Monark SubZero/Wolf, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits and Hensley. They have demonstrated a confidence in this culinary concept, and together, we all have created a grand culinary experience.”
Chefs and Grand Tasting participants to date feature:
- · Jacques Qualin, J&G Steakhouse at The Phoenician Resort
- · Bernie Kantak, The Gladly and Citizen Public House
- · Alex Stratta, multiple award-winning chef
- · Chrysa Robertson, Rancho Pinot
- · Gio Osso, Virtù Honest Craft and Nico’s Heirloom Kitchen
- · Stephen Jones, The Larder + The Delta
- · Jennifer Russo, The Market by Jennifer Russo
- · Aaron Poole, Gadzooks Enchiladas & Soup
- · Paul Haworth, Cartel Coffee Lab
- · Charles Wiley, Hearth `61 at Mountain Shadows Resort
- · Russell LaCasce, ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho
- · George Frasher, Frasher’s Smokehouse
- · Chef Joshua James “Chef J” Amonson, Bourbon & Bones Chophouse | Bar
- · Matthew Hobbs, Match: Cuisine & Cocktails at FOUND:RE Phoenix
- · Doug Robson, Otro Café
- · Dustin Christofolo, Quiessence at The Farm
- · Tommy Plato, restaurateur, Second Story Liquor Bar
- · Raveen Arora, restaurateur, The Dhaba
- · Scott Holmes, Little Miss BBQ, in a rare appearance in the Grand Tasting
- · Anthony DeMuro of Different Pointe of View at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- · Talavera at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale
- · Dushyant Singh, Artizen at The Camby
- · Christopher Collins, Grassroots Kitchen & Tap, Twisted Grove and Wally’s American Gastro Pub
- · Paulina Martinez, El Panzón & Frida
- · Tonya Saidi, Mamma Toledo's The Pie Hole
- · Helen Yung, Sweet Republic
- · Nekter
Check @AZFWE social media channels for an insider’s view of participating chefs on video (#FWEChef), featuring glimpses of their personalities and culinary perspectives.
Tickets are available at foodandwine.azcentral.com for the two-day event, Sat. & Sun., Nov 4 & 5 and feature:
· Grand Tasting. Tickets in advance are $85 and offer unlimited sampling of chef creations; access to chef demonstrations and panels; and tastings of fine wines, craft beers and distinctive spirits. Saturday or Sunday
· VIP Grand Tasting. Tickets in advance are $120 and guests enjoy all the benefits of the Grand Tasting, plus entry at noon, access to the VIP Lounge, and private tastings from wineries and distillers. Preferred parking and VIP restrooms
· The Cellar. A $20 upgrade to any ticket above, the wine seminar offers special tastings and an insider’s knowledge of wines sampled; led by the winemaker or wine ambassador.
· The Chef’s Package. A $180 ticket, a private meet & greet with a special guest chef of national renown. Details coming soon
· Private Dining ‘Experiences.’ A schedule of separately ticketed private dining Experiences created by popular chefs and restaurateurs will be announced soon. Experiences can occur within the event footprint or at participating restaurants.
Subscribers are eligible for $15 off tickets, available only through azcentral.com/insider.
AZFWE attracted 6,000 guests last year, produced by R Entertainment in conjunction with azcentral and Republic Media. In two years, it has been so successful that it inspired a multi-city USA Today Network food and wine tour. More at foodandwine.usatoday.com/
Kerry Dunne, R Entertainment, said: “All together with sponsors, restaurants and industry purveyors, we have created in Scottsdale an event that inspired an entire series of Food & Wine Experiences in USA Today markets from Detroit to Ventura. For years, we worked with our compatriots here to create this signature event and it’s inspired the country.”
Reed Glick, R Entertainment, said: “One of the best things about it is the platform it creates for local and regional chefs. Their talent is what we celebrate.”
Information & Sponsors. For information about event sponsorship, contact Mike O’Donnell at 602.315.4892, firstname.lastname@example.org. For chef, restaurant or other event participation, contact Arden Morgan at email@example.com.
About azcentral Food & Wine Experience. azcentral.com Food & Wine Experience is the founding event of the USA Today Network Food & Wine Experience event series, produced in partnership with R Entertainment and celebrating its third year in 2017. An exceptional Experience, the event offers rich and colorful moments to taste, savor and explore the regional culinary scene with industry personalities, award-winning chefs of the Southwest, and visiting celebrity chefs such as Mario Batali, Scott Conant, Graham Elliot, Paul Bartolotta, Michael Ginor, Chuck Hughes and Akira Back. #AZFWE features singular food, wine, craft beer & spirits sampling, and industry-leading presentations. Visit FoodandWine.azcentral.com/
About azcentral.com. azcentral.com and The Arizona Republic are Arizona’s top news and information sources, reaching more than 1.5 million readers each week. Only the state's largest news gathering organization offers compelling, award-winning content across multiple platforms including the #1 newspaper and website, apps, events and more. azcentral.com and The Arizona Republic are part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, the largest local-to-national media network in the U.S. with 107 local markets. Visit azcentral.com
About R Entertainment. R Entertainment is a national experiential marketing and business development company, which produces and markets more than 200 dates each year. Major events include culinary spectacles such as the USA Today Network Food & Wine Experience event series, Kentucky Derby Fillies & Lilies Party, Final Four Sponsors Ball, National Taco Association Festival Tour, Super Bowl special events, PGA Waste Management Phoenix Open, Arizona Diamondbacks Evening on the Diamond, The Good Life Festival series by Shea Homes, among others. R Entertainment also books concert entertainment nationwide. Visit R-Entertainment.com.
About Salt River Fields at Talking Stick. Salt River Fields is a central landmark within the Talking Stick Destination. Completing its seventh MLB Spring Training season in 2017, the world-class, LEED Certified Gold venue serves as Spring Training home of the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Colorado Rockies, and is consistently named #1 Spring Training Destination, most recently by Sports On Earth featured on MLB.com. The facility is surrounded by some of the world’s most beautiful mountain panoramas, and is a popular year-round destination for major community events. Salt River Fields is an enterprise of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community and has earned multiple awards including Ballpark Digest Ballpark of the Year, Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, Phoenix New Times Best Place to See a Spring Training Game and multiple Best Spring Training Field by Arizona Foothills Magazine. Visit SaltRiverFields.com
About USA TODAY NETWORK. The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 120 markets internationally, and with USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 110 million people every month through its portfolio of digital, mobile and publishing products. Visit Gannett.com