Gertrude’s Introduces New Menu Items for Fall
(PRESS RELEASE) Gertrude’s, the highly touted full-service restaurant located just inside the Desert Botanical Garden, is now serving its new Fall menu at lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch. Under the direction of Executive Chef Matthew Taylor, Gertrude’s ingredient-driven seasonal menus meld extraordinary fresh flavors with subtle local and Southern influences.
“This time of year the diversity of what we acquire from local purveyors always inspires us to create delicious food that is interesting for our discerning diners, but approachable for the everyday clientele,” reflects Chef Taylor. Bursting with the flavors of fall the menus boast lobster mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, eggplant, green chili, sumac, fennel, dragonfruit, dates, oranges, apples, pomegranate, pineapple, pistachios, and kimchi.
Chef’s favorite new menu items include the sustainably sourced marlin and tuna, the venison loin, pozole that replaces the award-winning gumbo and an exquisite classic apple tart with ginger ice cream. Additionally, diners can continue to enjoy the popular hummus with marinated cucumber, blackened scallops with roasted corn maque choux + Tabasco® Hollandaise, as well as the ever-popular French toast with AZ prickly pear jam, and for dessert the donuts + sauces.
Featured Fall 2016 Cuisine & Libations:
- Smoked Pork Pozole – Radish + Onion + Oregano + Lime$14
- Big Eye Tuna “Tartare” – Fresno Peppers + Chicharrón + Pineapple + Pepitas$18
- Orange Scented Cauliflower – Eggplant + Peppered Feta + Harissa$13
- Sea Island Red Peas & Quinoa– Sumac Dressing + Cucumber + Chickpea Tempura$12
- Korean Fried Chicken Thighs – Brussels Sprouts + Kimchi Vinaigrette + Yogurt$26
- Striped Marlin – Ham Braised Cabbage + Pineapple Vinaigrette + Nori $28
- Ancho Rubbed Venison Loin – Date Condiment + Creamed Greens + Fried Potatoes $38
- Panna Cotta – Dragonfruit + Cranberry – Balsamic$7
- Apple Tart – Apples + Powdered Sugar + Ginger Ice Cream$8
- Gin-tle Thyme – AZ Gin + AZ Apple Liqueur + Fresh Orange + Fresh Thyme + Agave$11
- Rum & Hops – Caruso Spiced Rum + Dragoon IPA + Cranberry Juice + Lime + Lemon + Agave$10
Gertrude’s offers diners top-quality seasonal menus and libations that showcase local ingredients from artisans and farmers. Gertrude’s dining experience pairs delicious cuisine with lush desert ambience. Garden admission is not required to dine at Gertrude’s. Reservations can be made on Open Table or by calling 480.719.8600.
10:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. – Seasonal Menu | Monday-Sunday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m. – Brunch | Saturday-Sunday