Char Kitchen + Bar Features Mediterranean Flavors
Simple, Delectable Dishes Shine at New Eatery in Scottsdale
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Sep.27, 2016)—Char Kitchen + Bar is now open at 6107 North Scottsdale Road in the space that formerly housed Bink’s Scottsdale. This brand new eatery takes a distinct departure from the former occupant’s menu with dishes influenced by owners, father and son, Peter and Pal Micakaj’s Albanian heritage. The menu is resplendent with nods to Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean.
The Micakajs are no strangers to the restaurant industry. Peter Micakaj has owned restaurants in Michigan for decades, daughter Pauline Martinez co-owns Perk Eatery in Scottsdale with her husband Carmen, and Pal Micakaj has worked in restaurants, alongside his father, for many years.
Char Kitchen + Bar is open daily for lunch and dinner starting at 11:00 a.m. Happy Hour will be available in the bar area daily from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The menu offers an array of options for every palate—standouts include:
· For a unique appetizer, the chicken lollis ($9), served with pomegranate harissa BBQ sauce, crumbled feta, cilantro, lime and pickled onion are a good choice.
· A hearty Mezze platter ($14) featuring homemade hummus, red pepper chutney, cucumber dill sauce, roasted vegetables and fresh pita bread.
· The Choban lamb burger is topped with charred tomato chutney, crumbled feta, ajvar, arugula and served on a toasted brioche bun.
· Other sandwiches include a Mediterranean steak wrap ($13), the whisper wind veggie wrap ($10) and a traditional style lamb gyro($11).
· The Santorini Salad ($10) is a mix of greens, cucumber, tomato, beets, olives, onions, roasted red peppers, feta and pink goddess dressing.
· Four types of skewers char grilled and served with basmati rice and tzatziki sauce are offered, including steak ($19), chicken ($17), shrimp, ($23) and veggie ($15).
· For entrees, consider a grilled pork chop ($24) with red wine reduction, cherries, seared cabbage and potatoes, an Arizona grass-fed filet with potatoes and vegetables ($38) or grilled lamb chops with chimichurri sauce, potatoes and vegetables ($32).
The restaurant will undergo minimal interior changes as it transitions from Bink’s Scottsdale to Char Kitchen + Bar. Instead the focus is on the menu, upgrading customer service and community outreach.
“We look forward to serving our neighbors the kind of food we serve in our own home with the same, familiar atmosphere,” said Peter Micakaj.