As a companion piece to DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails’, Cities of Gastronomy Around the Globe promotion, Chef Janos Wilder will offer a special cooking class and pop up dinner for each culinary destination throughout this summer. Guests will have the opportunity to learn about the culinary history of each city and enjoy a full dinner featuring many of the dishes from each specific tour. The events will be held at the Carriage House, located just east DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails at 125 S. Arizona Ave. Classes will all be taught by Chef Wilder along with a guest chef.
Each event will feature a 1 ½ hour demonstration class beginning at 5:30 pm, followed by hors d'oeuvres, a five course dinner and beverages at 7 pm. Cost per person for the class and dinner is $80++. Tickets for events can be purchased online at carriagehousetucson.com. Cooking Class and Dinner Series dates:
- Friday July 22nd – Rasht, Iran, Chef Janos Wilder
- Friday, August 26th – Phuket, Thailand, Chef Janos Wilder
- Ensenada, Mexico – Date tba
Dates for Cities of Gastronomy around the Globe at DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails:
- Parma, Italy, May 24 – July 11
- Rasht, Iran July 12, - August 22
- Phuket, Thailand August 23, -October 3
- Ensenada, Mexico, ctober - November 14.